Sunday, November 23, 2008

who needs love when there's southern comfort?

I thought I would give you an update on that empty corner in my living room that I blogged about when last I blogged: it's still there.

With the Thanksgiving holiday upon us, I wanted to announce the winner of my Thanksgiving-Related Film Awards Best Picture: The Ice Storm. Many quotable quotes, great costumes, icy acting (the good kind of icy), and Christina Ricci trying to get it on while wearing a Nixon mask. If only my own holiday celebrations could be so successful. If you loathe family holidays like I do, you'll love this movie. (A quick shout-out to Gene Shallot for inspiring my wordplay there.)

Happy Thankgiving!

1 comment:

Ginger Ammon said...

I love holidays, but I also love drama, so maybe that's why.

PS - I couldn't agree more with the title of this entry.

How do you do?

How do you do?